Migration from redmine to gitlab¶
- More homogeneous. At the moment, dev.louiz.org and git.louiz.org use a very different software and the interface is completely different, and sometimes redundant.
- Less software to maintain: currently I have gitolite + cgit + redmine + a redmine plugin + a bot. With the migration there would be gitlab + gitlab-ci + a bot
- Gitlab is nicer (UI wise)
- I don’t like gitolite. The possibility to manage keys and repositories through gitlab would be awesome.
- An other migration, people may get confuse (but maybe nobody cares at all?), and that’s work
- The bugtracker is less powerful (but we could discuss workarounds, or I could even patch gitlab to add some simple fields in the bugtracker).